True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Natural Beauty Tip for winter to Restore the Natural Ph to your face

   The Milk Mask,  simple and natural beauty.


The natural ph balance of our skin is 5.5, which means it is slightly acidic.   "Ph" is referring to the balance of that acid and alkali on our skin.  Foods and things we put on our skin disrupts our natural ph balance, especially soaps.  Which is one good reason to use homemade soap and stay away from the drying agents of commercial soaps which remove the natural glycerin.

Want to put your winter skin back in balance?  Try a lovely homemade cultured milk mask.  Very simple to do:

RECIPE

Simply apply to your face SOUR CREAM, or BUTTERMILK, or my favorite Yogurt. If you are into
making that awesome power drink KEFIR, you can also use that. The cultured milk in these natural products will soften, and liven up your skin as it restores the natural Ph balance.

Apply a small amount of your choice of cultured milk and leave on for 10 minutes.  Then rinse well with warm water, finishing with a splash of cool water. Pat dry.   Lovely!

Enjoy natures goodness this winter!
    Anna

This post shared with:
The Clever Chicks blog hop 



4 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

This sounds wonderful! I would love to have you share this on The HomeAcre Hop tonight!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-homeacre-hop-7.html

MixedKreations said...

I'm trying this out now. Didn't have milk so using sour cream. You have lots of home recipes that I want to try. Need to make me some of the body scrub, my legs are so rough and dry. Now following you on blogger, Pinterest, and liked your facebook page. Thanks for sharing! Time to go rinse my face ;-D Have a great week!

Linda @ MixedKreations.com/blog

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Linda, welcome to my blog, thanks for following. It's always a great compliment to have someone take time out of a busy day and visit here!

I really like how my face feels after the milk facial. Sour cream and yogurt work best for me, so creamy and easy to apply.

You will be absolutely amazed at how your legs feel after a sugar or coffee scrub! You'll want to do them every week!

Anna

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Linda, I just saw that you had a blog, so I went over there and wow, awesome! Such beautiful jewelry, love the Bohemian bracelets. Gorgeous. And lots of resources for crafters of any kind.

To see Linda's blog "Mixed Kreations"
http://mixedkreations.com/blog/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...