True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Monday, July 15, 2013

Honey Beeswax Natural Soap

Made with local Arizona honey and beeswax, this natural soap is a moisturizing treat for your skin!


Living in Arizona USA, I've learned to appreciate any moisture my skin can get! I've formulated the recipe for this soap to be moisturizing and soothing with a great lather.


Beeswax: has emollient, or softening and soothing properties and helps the skin retain moisture.

Honey: A natural humectant, meaning it attracts moisture, keeping it locked inside, close to the skin.
Honey is known to aid in retaining elasticity without drying out your skin. A natural antioxidant with natural antimicrobial properties.

Coconut oil:  A beautiful natural emollient, moisturizer, conditioner and protector of our skin.

Castor oil: Great conditioner and moisturizer. It is unique in the fact that it is almost entirely composed of ricinoleic fatty acid found in no other oils and possesses an affinity for water molecules, which means that it attracts and holds moisture in the skin, a humectant.

Olive oil:  Keeps the skin soft and supple with its conditioning and moisturizing properties  as it attracts external moisture to the skin.

Soybean/Palm oil blend: lends a silky feel, cleans well and is mild, high in linoleic and oleic acid.

This was a fun soap to make, I used bubble wrap to create the honeycomb effect on top and bottom.

If you don't want to make this soap yourself, you may order from my etsy shop.







Enjoy,   Anna


8 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These look and sound wonderful Anna! I like the way you've used the bubble wrap on them =)

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Jan, thanks! These were really fun to make, I love how the bubble wrap makes the honeycomb look too. I'm trying to think of other ways to use the bubble wrap now. ha!

Mochino said...

I would like to make this . . . .but would really appreciate a guide as to how much of each oil to use . . . .and how much it makes! Thanks! :/

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Mochino, I'd be happy to share my recipe. Please remember to always run any recipe through a lye calculator.

Yields 87.35 oz
Oil weight: 59.30

19 oz Olive oil (32%)
26 oz Vegetable shortening (Crisco, which is 75% soybean and 25% palm oil blend))
11 oz Coconut oil (18.5%)
2.5 oz Castor oil (4.2%)
0.8 oz Beeswax (1.3%)

8.48 oz Lye (sodium hydroxide)

19.5 oz Water

3 TBL honey, warmed, add at trace
2.8 oz of Warm Vanilla sugar FO from
Brambleberry, made a light scent.

I put small bubble wrap on the bottom of the mold and on the top as well. Cold Processed.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Good luck, love to see a photo if you make this soap! Anna

This was superfatted at 6%.
I used Brambleberry.com's lye calc.

Anonymous said...

I like the honeycomb effect of your beeswax soap. I have yet to try it. Do you have any problem with bits of plastic sticking to the soap?

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Soapjam, thanks, yes I like it too. This was the first time I tried it and it worked like a charm, it did not stick at all. I even tapped it down pretty good so that the holes would be deep enough. I picked the small bubble wrap up at the 99Cent store too. I put it on the top and the bottom of the loaf.

Tracy King said...

This looks amazing Anna! I am hoping to try it someday soon. Love all your recipies and tips, so thank you :). And thanks for reminding us to use the soap calculator.

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Thanks Tracy,
I really like this recipe too. Feels great on the skin and really bubbles up.
I've been using palm oil instead of the Crisco lately, it makes the bar a
bit harder and I like that.

If I can be of help with formulating a personal recipe using what you have
on hand, let me know, or if you need the batch re-sized,
I'm always glad to help a fellow soaper!

Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...