Popular and super healthy.
Here's a quick, healthy recipe to get your day started.
Eat it at home, or grab your jar and take it with you.
Absolutely delicious. Kid's love their breakfast in a jar too!
Here's How ...
- Put 1/2 cup of oatmeal in a 16 oz canning jar.
- Add 1 cup of milk. (cows, soy, coconut, almond, your choice)
- Add fruit,(your choice). Here I added fresh strawberries and fresh blueberries.
- Cover and place in frig over night.
- Take out in the morning and enjoy breakfast!
Other additions you may like:
bananas peanut butter
pineapple maple syrup
cinnamon, turmeric cocoa powder
honey chia seeds, flax
The additions and combinations are countless, choose your favorites and design your own overnight oats.
Here's Why ...
Oats are an important source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants as well as a rich source of a fiber called beta glucan ...
"Italian researchers reviewed existing research about the positive effects of beta glucan on human health. They found that, in addition to reducing cholesterol and blunting glycemic and insulin response, beta glucans boost defenses of the immune system against bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites." Minerva Medica June 2009; 100(3):237-45