True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Monday, December 31, 2012

Spiced Coffee Sugar Scrub Recipe

How about a nice spiced coffee sugar scrub to moisturize and liven
                        up our winter dry skin....smells divine!



Winter definitely has its drying effect on our skin. How about a yummy, toasty coffee sugar scrub scented with the warm essence of ginger and cinnamon!

Ginger, a native plant of  Asia, does have some skin benefits.  As a natural antioxidant it fights skin damaging free radicals, and is said to promote an eveness to skin tone and lighten age spots. Which is why I intend on using this scrub on my hands.  It is also used in cellulite reducing formulas because it improves circulation, which is why I coupled it with coffee as a scrub to use on legs!

Once you do a nice sugar scrub on your skin, and the old dry skin sloughs off,  your oil can get down in there where it needs to be, leaving your skin feeling soft, supple and moisturized.  Just what you need to fight the winter dry blues!

This recipe makes about enough for one full body use.   Use spices and Oil at your own rate to truly make this your special scrub! (Keeping in mind that too much cinnamon is drying)  Some like their scrubs liquid, some like it dryer.  I make mine with 2 TBL  grapeseed oil in this recipe as I prefer a lighter oil.  You can use olive oil for a heavier scrub or mix the oils, or melted coconut oil, sweet almond oil,......your choice!

Enjoy,  Anna

My latest soap adventure......
"mocha Cafe" 
A soap made with fresh brewed coffee and real cocoa powder.



My back yard.......It snowed here last night in Arizona! 

 This post is shared with:







                       

7 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a wonderful accompaniment to your Mocha Cafe soap, yum!

It's fun to see how you were inspired by your new soap and took it another step further with a delicious sugar scrub.

Thanks for the info on ginger being beneficial for age spots, I have a couple of those I'd like to chase away.

Happy New Year my friend!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Jan, Happy New Year to you and yours!

I thought you might like to see the snow fall we had last night, so I posted a couple pictures above with the Mocha Soap for you.... my fellow Arizonan Soaper!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Doreen, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, this coffee scrub smells great, I think next time I make it I will add more ginger, and maybe a little olive oil to the mix!
Happy New Year! Anna

Jan Hunnicutt said...

lol Anna, I just noticed you'd added pictures with snow! Oh wow =)

The last time I was in your area it snowed, it was a fun crazy time coming up the mountain that day.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Anna,
That's a great question! I've thought of trying Orange Essential Oil so why not try Lemongrass EO if you have it?
Jan

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this recipe and I'll link this up in one of my posts since we are doing a 30 Day Health Challenge over at http://bodyandmindhealth.wordpress.com. Come over and join in the challenge http://bodyandmindhealth.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/30-day-health-challenge/

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Healthy Body: Hi. Just came back from checking out the 30 Day Health Challenge at bodymindhealth.wordpress.com and it looks like a really fun and doable (is that a word?) challenge, that will be totally rewarding. I think I will try it too! Do you mind if I put a link on my blog to it?

thanks, Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...