True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Monday, May 13, 2013

Handmade Paper with Roses

I love to make handmade paper using botanicals, expecially roses.  
This lovely yellow rose is from my Lady Banks rose bush that grows in my front yard in Arizona, USA
It blooms one time a year, in April for several weeks. 
It's blooms in clusters and is absolutely stunning to behold when in full bloom.



I wanted to prolong it's beauty, so I made paper from it's blooms.


You can see the small rose petals embedded in this paper.
Making your own handmade paper consists of recycling paper by making it into a pulp, adding botanicals, or spices, or bits of fabric, of your choice, or leaving it plain.  There's room for alot of expression here ! 
I added a dab of liquid starch to this batch so that you could write on it or put it through an injet
printer and the ink would not feather.  


Enjoy.......... Anna

4 comments:

Kirppu said...

Beautiful handmade paper! My favorite roses are the yellow ones. I´ve liked them the best since I was a child. I have been making my ovn paper probably when I was 10-13 years old, so that is a long time ago.

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Kirppu, thanks! My favorite roses are yellow ones too! I have several different kinds of yellow rose bushes in my yard. I'll be making paper from some of the larger blooms as well.

Unknown said...

Wow your rose bush looks so amazing! I love that paper, it looks very elegant! You have a real eye for the colors and textures going together. Yellow is such a sunny, happy spring color.

Unknown said...

I love making paper flowers- they are so easy to make and add so much beauty to your projects.Wow pretty interesting. Love this.

Handmade Lotion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...