True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Monday, October 22, 2012

Castile Rain Water Soap


                     "Castile Rain"    

    Castile soap  originated in the Castile region of Spain as a 100% olive oil soap, that was
 considered  a highly prized luxury item used by royalty and exported for centuries all over Europe.
    Modern Castile soap has been adapted to incorporate other oils to better suit the tastes and trends of modern society.   Adding other oils gave the true castile a better lather as 100% castile while being creamy and moisturizing did not lather much.  Todays crowd wants lather.

   If made with at least 80% olive oil, soap is still considered to be a castile.

    Such is the case with this  Castile I recently made.  With 81% being olive oil and 19% other oils,
(like avocado butter),  this blend made a mild, emollient, creamy lather with small bubbles.  Almost like washing with a cream.   With a line of oatmeal powder (soothing, cleansing) as accent this soap smells fresh and dewy,  pure and clean.  Gorgeous fresh natural scent.  I love how it came out.  Great soap for the sensitive skin crowd and folks like me who just love the natural beauty benefits of a blend like this.

    I chose to add avocado butter to my castile because of it richness. Is is made from the flesh of the fruit not from the extracted oil. Excellent for dry skin.  All skin types benefit from avocado butter.
   What makes this soap stand out from the crowd....rain water.....yep, I made it with fresh rain water I collected myself to ensure purity.  Rain water is naturally soft water.  Water is made hard by the dissolved minerals in it like magnesium, calcium, iron etc. which rain water does not have if harvested cleanly.    Beautiful in soap.

    Made the hot process method, because I wanted to use it right away!  ha !   Thanks for taking the time here at Natures Home Spa!   Anna


                                           Another lovely pure soap made from rain water......
"Coconut Rain"   

 
                                         
                                       



    Anna


 

6 comments:

Kitty said...

I can't quite get my [wash-off waterproof] mascara off with the Castile soap. I love everything else about it though! Much less drying than my store-bought face wash!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Kitty, I totally agree, I love castile soap. So silky smooth. I've been using a dab of olive oil on a cotton ball to get off that tricky mascara, works great and leaves that delicate eye area nicely moisturized. Thanks for the comment!
Anna

PharmD Candidate said...

Would you provide your recipe for this soap? Looks amazing!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Sure, here ya go...

This batch is 32 oz of oil weight (2 LBs plus of soap)

26 oz Olive Oil (no need to use expensive extra virgin olive oil, same skin properties are
in all grades of olive oil)

4 oz Coconut oil
1 oz Avocado butter or oil
1 oz Castor oil (this enhances the bubbles and is SUPER moisturizing)

12.16 oz Water ( I used rain water )
4.29 oz Lye

1 oz Fragrance oil should you choose to scent this soap

PharmD Candidate said...

Thank you!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

You're welcome, let me know how this works out for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...