True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Friday, June 22, 2012

Milk, Honey and Egg Face Mask Recipe

photo from the internet

 Ah...the natural face mask!  A healthy glow. Skin feeling clean, soft and fresh!  Right at your finger tips! Or at least in your frig!  I'm going to give you a few great masks recipes to make at home that will leave your face feeling incredible and your purse heavier!   But, first a few tips and thoughts....

     Clean, healthy skin is attainable to all of us, regardless of our age, we can have the radiant glow that comes from healthy skin.    I just turned 50 and it seemed like overnight  my skin changed! Has that happened to anyone else?   I realized my skin looked old.   Wrinkles deepened, dull lifeless skin, patchy, etc.
     I discovered facial masks and determined to take the 15 mins it takes to do one, and found theres no going back!   My face feels fresh and supple again. A facial mask helps soften the skin, removing impurities, toxins, unclogging pores, and helps hydrate and soothe your skin. All skin types and ages are not alike, different masks for different needs, let me share a few.......
       INGREDIENTS     (this recipe will make about two masks)
         1 egg  (full of proteins,vitamins A,D,E ,tightens the pores, softens skin)
         2 TBL powdered milk or whole milk (nourishes skin, lactic acid, hydrates,anti-aging benefits)
     .  1 TBL honey (protects from sun damage, antioxidant, absorbs impurities, antibacterial, great cleanser)

     Simple and oh so nourishing. HELPFUL HINT:  oily or acne prone skin?  Use the egg white. 

     Dry skin?  Use the egg yolk.   Normal skin?  Use the whole egg.   
  HOW:    Start with a clean face.
            In a small bowl combine all ingredients, whisk with a fork or I like to use a hand mixer because it
            comes out fluffier and easier to apply.  Leave on for 10-15 mins or until dry.   You can repeat with
            another layer or rinse after one   .Rinse. Pat dry. Your  face will feel stunning, I promise you!
            Store leftovers covered in refrigerator, use within the week. 

      I did the egg yoke mask this morning , my 28 year old daughter did the whole egg method and my 14

year old did the egg white method.  It was fun doing it together and all of our faces feel really really good!
If you are allergic to any above ingredients please do not use this mask on your face!
Otherwise, try it and leave me a comment!  More great masks on my next post.
            
     

26 comments:

ValerieAnn said...

That sound absolutely wonderful Anna! I will have to try it!

Unknown said...

I tried this at home! Yay! I loved it! Good job! Thank you for this recipe. . . looking forward to what else you will share:)

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Sounds like a great "recipe"...easy, all natural...and with your recommendation, I need to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this.

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Gail, thanks for the kind comment, its always great to start a day with friendly words in our ears! Anna

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohhh, this was wonderful! My 12 year old daughter and I tried your mask. My dry old skin feels so much better and my daughter said hers felt nice too. Thank you =)

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Oh so glad you tried it and liked the results Jan! I'm actually making a mask for my 14 tonight too! Thanks for commenting....Anna

Unknown said...

My daughters and I love to do the egg facials!! Strangers think i am thier sister!!! Really works for all ages and skin types!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hey Jonnilyn, oh yea, we do love our face masks! The fresh fruit ones are awesome too!

Unknown said...

Hi Anna,

Well I wanted to share a lite simple reciepe that i found online. Make -up can be very hard and painful to get off if your using water or harsh chemical products. So of course its natural.

Very simple:
1 cups of green tea
1/2 of rice milk ( preferrably Organic)

IWhen I seen this recipe i thought to myslef. Okay i wonder how good this is going to work. Well, after using this facial wash my make-up melted away leaving my skin cleansed, bright, and gave it a glow.

See, the antioxidants in green tea are high, pulling all the impurities out of your face, while the rice milk moisturizes it. I used Dilmah Organic Green Tea which had 2 -3 times more antioxidents than regular green tea. Well, i used 2 bags for 2 cups of water which made the batch very strong and too powerful for my face. So, if you have Dilmah Organic Green tea, use 1 bag for 2 cups of water, steeping for 2 minutes in gentle hot water, and 1 cup of Rice milk.

Afterwards I used a reciepe from you Anna with greek yogurt (which goes a long way) and honey (but I didnt have any honey so I used agave syrup. Greek and regular yogurt is great for your skin because it helps hydrate your skin and absorbs nutrients, all essential to a healthy skin and body.

Agave, Which is related to the aloe vera plant. So safe to assume maybe that there are aloe vera qualities in agave that will be beneficial to our skin. Agave is quite expensive, and honey is more affordable with highier qualities than agave. I had in my pantry for 3 months ( so I used it.)

I mixed about 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt and 1 table spoon of agave/honey. I left it on my face for 10 minutes. I did it with 4 other girl and we all said that we felt a slight stinging sensation on our face. I guess even in nature pain is beauty. However, our face felt moiturized and fresh.

Afterwrad some of us put some olive oil on your face to double moisturize. Premium olive can be tested by tasting it. Sip a little and it should be buttery and not leave a slight burn in the back of your throat. If it burns the acidity is high. However, olive oil in general is safe for your body anywhere you decide to put it.

Thanks Anna

Rose Lee

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Rose, thanks for sharing your recipe for natural makeup removal, sounds great. You described a truly skin loving treatment that I am definately going to try and feature here on my blog with your permission. Can't wait!
Anna

Unknown said...

Sura Anna. !!!!!

Fatyha said...

What type of milk do we have to use? Is it fresh milk or others? :)

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Nurfatyha Rusydah, I use fresh whole milk. Not fat free milk, as you want the natural fats in the milk, they are great for your skin.

thanks for stopping by, Anna

Unknown said...

Add some a few drops of Lime to it. Lime has Vitamin C, which is an amazing anti-oxidant. Also Lime helps tighten the skin and remove some pigmentation.

Unknown said...

i have acne prone skin...it is mild but i am having it from three years and my skin has lost d old glow and has become somewhat dry with blackheads ...would you please recommend some remedy or mask for d same...

anitha said...

So nice and simple.. will have to try

BestKeptself said...

Your post is really informative,and i like your post a lot.

Unknown said...

its v simple :) t.Y for information

Unknown said...

Can i use this everyday? :)

Unknown said...

Honey has always been a must for my hair, am egg for my face... now combining the two, with milk, is ahh-mazing! Thanks for the info!
Judy

Unknown said...

Hi. Can I use this everyday? And can this face mask make me darker? Pls kindly reply me, on my Gmail account if possible @ Kanyinsolasophia@gmail.com... Thanks... Nice blog

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Your're welcome Judy! My girls and I have also discovered how great honey is for our face.

Anonymous said...

Its a great recipe and beneficial for the skin and it has no side effects as Egg Yolk Cosmetics helps in making the skin glow and young and egg is beneficial for the health too as it contains the fiber as well as protein.

nancy john said...


Skin care in natural way is most important rather then skin products

Skin and Natural Face Masks Benefits

Indijones said...

Hi Anna,
Just tried the milk, honey and whole egg mixture tonight, hope to get great results.

Thanks

Beverly said...

This is beautiful. Can it be carried out on a daily basis?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...